Ice wax dabs are a unique form of hash that can provide you with a clean yet potent high. It’s made from ice and water to remove the THC from frozen matter, just as bubble hash is. Then, using an array of fine mesh screens of varying microns, it’s filtered. The resulting powdery substance will resemble sand from a pristine beach and should be smooth to the touch. When you dab ice wax, it’ll completely melt away leaving little or no residue behind. Try our honey dew drops strain.
Ice wax concentrate is one of the most powerful marijuana concentrates available without the use of solvents. When making a concentrate, usually a solvent such as butane is required, but ice wax is not the case.
How to Make Ice Wax Dabs
You need high-quality ice wax if you want to make it from marijuana plants with a lot of trichomes. If you use low-grade brick cannabis, your ice wax will be unattractive and bland, and you won’t get a strong buzz out of it. Plant material frozen after being manually trimmed is considered to be the greatest ice wax.
The greatest ice wax is made from frozen plant material that has been manually trimmed.
You’ll need 5-gallon bubble bags or bubble bowls with 70, 90, 120, and 160 mesh on the finest of circumstances. The clearer your material is, the more screens you’ll use to filter it.
When it comes to creating ice wax, time is of the essence. The sooner you finish the procedure, the more flavonoids, cannabinoids, and terpenes are preserved. If you soak it for too long, all of the fragrance and taste will be lost from the outer layers of the material.
Make sure you have the following items before you begin your quest to learn how to make ice wax dabs:
- A full set of bubble bags or bowls in various micron sizes
- A work bag (this should come with the bubble bags)
- A spray bottle
- Two large buckets
- Cold water and a bag of ice
- High-quality marijuana matter with lots of trichomes
- A clean stick or wooden spoon
- A thick card such as an old credit card
How to Make Ice Wax Concentrate: A Step-by-Step Guide
- To begin, prepare the buckets. Fill one with your empty work bag and the other with bubble bags. To ensure that the tiny micron bag is at the bottom and the big micron on top, stack the bubble bags in ascending size order.
- To the work bag, add the moss and ice in alternating layers. To cover this mixture, place enough cold water on it. Allow it to settle for 10 minutes.
- To thin out the solution, add more ice water. Agitate the solution with the stick or spoon for up to 20 minutes when it’s become a runny texture.
- Drain the work bag into the pail, squeezing out any extra liquid. To ensure no solution is left in the first bucket, fill it with water solution and rinse it.
- Remove the full-stack of bubble bags and tilt it at an angle. When the mesh on the bottom is draining, remove the largest micron bag from top and begin collecting material with the card. Clean the mesh with a spray bottle.
- Repeat the procedure with the remaining bags. Place each piece of material on a pressing screen as you collect it from each bag.
- For maximum preservation, allow the collected materials to dry for up to 36 hours. To speed up the drying process, chop the wax and distribute it across your surface. Water trapped within the wax spoils its flavor and aroma, and may cause mold. You can press it with a rolling pin to release any trapped moisture pockets if you wish to produce a lot of it.
How to Smoke Ice Wax Dabs
There are several methods for smoking ice wax, but some are better than others. Here, we’ll go through the most popular techniques so you can choose the one that’s best for you.
Smoking Ice Wax Concentrate with a Dab Rig
This is the best way to do it. A rig is a water pipe that has been modified with dabbing attachments such as a nail connected to the intake. It may be constructed of many different materials, although quartz and titanium are most popular.
To see if you can cause the water to bubble, add water to the rig’s chamber and breathe into the downstem. If any water splashes into your mouth during the procedure, pour some of it out. If you’re using a quartz or titanium nail for the first time, season it by heating it up. New nails may leach natural minerals when heated and give your wax a foul flavor as a result.
Place the nail on the rig and heat it with a torch until the nail glows red. Apply some essential oil to the head of the nail. Remove the nail with tongs and place it in a bowl of water after fully coating it three times.
Use the dab tool to pick up some ice wax. After heating the nail, keep the torch’s flame away from it. Wait for the nail to turn red. Allow another 45 seconds before adding the wax to the nail. Inhale through the mouthpiece until there is no more vapor in the rig’s chamber.
After the vapor is clear, lower the rig and breathe out. Do this process as many times as you wish. Ice wax, on the other hand, is quite powerful. After carrying out the operation, heat the end of the tool that was in touch with ice wax. Wipe it clean using an alcohol swab or a cloth while the residue is still warm and easy to remove
Vaping Ice Wax Dabs
Another excellent approach to consume ice wax is with a vape pen. Check through our list of evaluations to see if there’s a vape pen that works for you. A cartridge holds the battery, mouthpiece, and atomizer in place. Many vaporizer manufacturers are trying to stay ahead of the competition by developing high-quality products.
In a matter of seconds, most vaporizers turn wax into vapor.
Imagine being able to heat your ice wax to any temperature you choose. It is now possible, and most vaporizers convert wax into vapour in a matter of seconds. The brand you’re using will influence how you utilize it. Old-fashioned vape pens need you to remove the atomizer from the battery and apply a dab of ice wax on the exposed coil before turning on the battery and connecting the atomizer to it. Switch on the battery, connect the atomizer, then put on the mouthpiece when vaping time arrives.
Other Ways to Smoke Ice Wax Marijuana
A healthstone is a glass screen for a glass bubbler or bowl that is used as a filter. Insert the healthstone into the bowl, then add a dab of wax to the top. Apply heat using a torch and begin vaping.
To make a super-effective joint, combine equal parts of cannabis and butane in a lantern. To add to the fun factor, hit it with your lighter (for safety reasons). Using an ice pick or similar instrument, place some ice wax on top of the flower you put in there. Sprinkle some ice wax over the surface. It’s best to use an old-fashioned method like this one rather than Twaxing since it doesn’t include any chemicals and is kinder on plants.
Final Thoughts on Ice Wax Dabs
When you do it right, though, you’ll end up with a substance that’s nothing like oil. The best resemblance is flawless sand, and the scent is mouthwatering. To make it appear more like a butane hash oil dab, use greater heat and pressure to get the desired consistency.
Hash makers are constantly on the lookout for methods to improve the current. For instance, a relatively new approach uses low-temperature rosin pressure. This method is intended to turn ice wax into a substance that seems similar to genuine resin extracts. If you find this type of wax, be prepared to shell out a lot of money for it.
Hopefully, this essay has addressed all of your questions regarding ice wax dabs. Please let us know if you’ve ever tried ice wax dabs and what you think about them in the comments.